Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Holiday's Are Upon Us!

Oh my, Oh my!
It is November 8th. I just finished the Thanksgiving Day Menu and shopping list so that I could get a jump start on things.  I have always been the type that is strong out of the gate and then I fall behind.  Really behind, if you know what I mean.  I was off from work today and tried my best to get things done.  I also spent the day making lists and cleaning.  I figure if I could just get myself a bit of holiday spirit I would be able to fly through chores.  So I started to dig through the Christmas buckets for some inspiration and the first bucket I opened had this tic tac toe board that I made years ago.  So I pulled it out and put it on the coffee table in the living room.  I think I made this back in 1995 or some where there about.  Even though the outside temperature was about 68 degrees today the little snowmen did give me some inspiration.  I was able to start thinking about Thanksgiving and Christmas and all the holiday hoopla. Here is a picture of the tic tac toe board. I used rubber stamps on a wood plaque and then used my wood burning tool to go over the lines.  I still have (and use) those snowmen stamps!  I can't wait till everyone is home for dinner.  They will laugh when they see it out on the table.  I bet they will play a few games too!
I hope everyone out there is beginning to feel the holiday magic and trying to find that one something or someone that kicks off their holiday mojo.  In the meantime, I am hoping this little game keeps me going as I have to work a double tomorrow!
Thanks for stopping by,
Lysa

No comments:

Post a Comment