Thursday, June 21, 2012

This Year's Teacher Gifts

Hi Everyone,
School's out for summer! And boy, did it end with a heat wave! Even at a 1/2 day session I don't know how the Teachers or the kids got through.  I made a few gifts for Rory to bring for her Teachers and her bus driver.  I didn't get good pictures but I thought I would post them anyway.  We are big, big Starbucks fans in this house.  Well we are just coffee addicts, It does not have to be Starbucks.  So we did coffee gifts for the end of the year.  Each person got a permanent to-go cup with a domed and a flat lid. Along with that a gift card to Starbucks so that they could fill'um up.  I saw this great creative packaging idea on Pinterest and had to use it. I love how they came out.  I just could not stop talking about them at work.(Yes, I was annoying) I did this very last minute due to other things that were going on. As you can see this makes a great last minute gift as well as a well thought out one.  Here is a pic of the gift bag:
 The Teachers got apple tags and a cute school bus for our favorite bus driver.(both cricut files, shhhhh, I cut them with my ZING) more time would have allowed for a more elaborate tag.
Here is a cell phone pic of the cups:
The bottom is kraft crinkle basket filler and the dome lid is stuffed with white tissue.  The gift card is inside of the cup.  The recipient can choose to use the dome lid or the flat lid.  What you can't see is on the cups for the Teachers there is a second tag that says:
"Thanks for quenching my thirst for knowledge" (no I did not make that up, saw it on Pinterest)
Also you can't see that the gift card is Teacher specific. Really nice that Starbucks has a Teacher card. I just love these.  I would love to get this as a gift.  I have it in my mind that even if the person is not a coffee drinker, this cup can be used for any soft drink as well. I will keep this in mind for the holidays as well. Thanks for stopping by. And a big shout out to all the Teachers and school bus drivers out there. Thanks for all you have done this year!!!!!
Lysa

No comments:

Post a Comment