Monday, September 1, 2014

Skullys, Kittys and Tear Bears . . Oh My!

Hi Crafty Peeps,
Today is September 1st. How sad is it that summer is on it way out.  Well I guess it is only sad for people like me who love the heat.  Our August here in Jersey was a cool one so I didn't spend as much time in the pool as I would have liked.  It was however a perfect August for outdoor activities.  You can see by my lack of crafty blogging that I was at least enjoying the nice weather.  I did manage to show Rory how to make a tear bear.  In fact I made a second bear and a kitty.  Rory chose a panda to make for her Mom.  We had a lot of fun and she had an easy time so I can see why these little guys are a great craft for the kiddies.  I will say I did tear the parts for Rory.  I made each pattern piece 4 layers thick.  Rory stacked and glued all her layers as well as assembled her bear.  I think she really loved brushing it out with the wire brush.  Rory even did all the shading on her panda.  Being all the pieces were torn prior, Rory completed her panda in about 2 and half hours.  I think she did an awesome job.  Here are a couple of pictures:
I think you can tell Rory is pretty darn happy about the way her panda came out.  Now me, I made a second bear just like the first one that I made for Rory. Here is my pic:
I really like making the brown bear.  I wanted to make another but I need to buy more of the mocha colored paper.  I did have some more of the black and white so I thought I would give a kitty a go.  I tried to copy a picture of an assemble one that was posted on line.  I have been using CAP2 to make my patterns.  Here is a pic of my kitty.  I want to make a witch's hat for him. I just haven't gotten to it yet.
He looks so sad with the big droopy eyes! And he is way to big, but I love how he came out.  Don't you like his wire whiskers? 
Now for the skully:
So back a few year Stampin' up had that awesome ornament on the cover of the holiday catalog.  2012 I believe it was.  If you remember or look back on my blog you will see I was making them with a Halloween theme instead of a Christmas theme.  I only made about 5 or so.  I kept them all and use them around the house at Halloween.  Well my friend Karen asked me if I would make one for her as she wanted to give it to her son.  He is a dude who loves Halloween and he (like me) love skullys.  She knew which one she wanted so I made it up for her this weekend.  I even made a box for her.  Here are a couple of pics, I should have taken some along the way but I didn't! Silly Rabbit, I am no kind of blogger.  Here are the pics:

I even stamped her up some tissue paper.  My favorite part is my skully embishment.  I printed the skulls with the 31 out on SU whisper white cardstock and then domed them with Lisa Pavelka magic gloss.  Gee I just love that stuff.  I use my Teresa Collins stampmaker UV light to cure it.  I use the light to cure my gel nail polish too.  In fact the only thing I don't use it for is to make Teresa Collins stamps - go figure!  I can't wait to bring this ornament to Karen, I am pretty sure she is going to be thrilled! Tomorrow is the last day of summer vacation and I am staying home from work with Rory.  Guess what we are doing! Yup, we are going to spend the day in the craftroom and we will be making our Halloween banner for 2014! I can't wait, I don't know who is more excited.  OK, I think it's me! Hope you stop by again as I have some Halloween goodies coming up.  Thanks for stopping by,
Lysa

1 comment:

  1. Rory's tear bear is adorable, she did an awesome job with hers! I love both your bear and your kitty, that kitty is so sweet with his sad eyes. Your Halloween ornament turned out great and I think your friends son is going to love, love it! I made a bunch of these ornaments too, some Christmas and one Halloween one. I think they are great for all holidays. Hope you and Rory had fun making the banner yesterday. I can't believe that summer is over either, I'm so sad. We didn't get to use our pool much at all either, but it was a great summer to just be outside. And like you I haven't been a great blogger either, doing only what I had to do. lol Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete