Friday, April 28, 2017

Paper Crate Project Summer 2017

Hi Everyone,
I got so excited when I saw a sneak peek of the new SU crate die that I knew I had to make a digital cut file for one.  Sure I like dies but who could be limited to one size. I also did not like the way the die was a 2 piece cut.  The seams show on both front and back when assembled.  That's just wrong in my book,  Not that I am a favor box snob but lets face it I am.
I had so much fun making these.  I filled them with sea shells and sand.  The sand is from the Jersey shore.  And you know us Jersey peeps, we are all about the shore!  I so see these filled with shell shaped chocolate for a beach themed wedding.  A little sign with the couples name and date. Now that's a favor!  Here is a picture of 4 that I made.  I think I will make a few more as well.
OMG! I love them!!!
If you want to try to make one here is a pic of the pdf with instructions.
I printed the paper with my Canon G2000 and all the cutting was done with my Cricut Explore Air2. I loved designing the paper as much as designing the file.
I have the file available as a PDF and an SVG.  You can find the downloads here on my mediafire account:
The PDF is here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/q3ol23d7jed3s1s/wood_crate_instructions.pdf
and the SVG is here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zq1bjktjcmfa92k/wooden_crate_to_post.svg
Feel free to resize this file to your needs.  Please leave a comment as they really make me happy! I appreciate when people link back to my blog.  Please don't sell the file, just share share it as it was meant to be shared not sold!!
Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by,
Lysa

9 comments:

  1. I love your take on this favor box! So cute. Thanks for sharing your hard work. I'm glad you're feeling up to crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lysa you are amazingly talented!!! I love these crates and I love your idea of a beach themed wedding with them. You should have been a wedding favor maker or planner my friend! So kind of you to share your file as well! I can't believe you are talented at designing your papers too, like I said you are amazingly talented lady!! Now tell me how are you keeping that Jersey Shore sand in those crates without it coming out?! I love how these crates look on your table! Can I come and rub elbows with you? Maybe your talent will rub off on me. lol Sending love and big hugs to you my friend along with my prayers, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Cant wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this design! Thank you so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I was thinking about buying this die and am so glad you made an svg version. I would much rather cut it out on my Silhouette than cranking it out on a Big Shot. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much. This Florida girl is loving the design and concept!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for the file. Your boxes turned out so cute. And me living near Myrtle Beach well mine will have to be beach themed too. TY

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your crate file, love it.

    ReplyDelete